Datsuns at the Runoffs

To: Roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Datsuns at the Runoffs
From: Les Cannaday <les@classicdatsun.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 12:39:19 -0700
To those of you interested Grayson Upchurch got out the old reliable
240Z to try and win E production against a sea of RX-7s and Miatas and
took 2nd overall after some tough days leading up to Sun. He was bumped
from second on the grid to 7th after finding that some of his front
steering components were not legal. Thankfully we were able to overnight
the correct parts for Sat. so they would have time to get them installed
for Sun.

I recieved a call at 12 noon CA time and the race just ended and Grayson
drove an incredible race I heard and actually had the lead several times
and then dropped back to 2nd. It was great that he was only penalized 1
sec for the infraction and did not have to start from the back. Congrats
go to all the Datsun and Nissans that made it this year including Steve
Estrada from Colorado in his 510 and Bill Wessel in his Roadster who got
5th behind 3 510s, 2 of which were on the podium and TC Kline who took
3rd in T2 in his new 350Z against much bigger cars.

There were over 30 Datsuns and Nissans in the various classes at the
runoffs this year with about half of them in serious contention for
podiums. The Best race was suppossed to come from G prod with 1 Datsun
Roadster (Bill) and 7 510s which it was thought that perhaps it would be
123 for the 510s but Kent Prather made another incredible finish to
spoil the Datsuns but 2nd thru 5th was not terrible. Another great year
for Nissan. Congradulations !!

Les
--
Les Cannaday