RE: fender-bender - Help!

To: "Leonard Sprague" <sprague@ufl.edu>
Subject: RE: fender-bender - Help!
From: "Loren Berg" <lberg@minnetronix.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:02:39 -0500
Lenny,

Here in Minnesota, the perps insurance company would want the police report
in order to pay off on the repair bill.  File the police report ASAP!
You may or may not be forced to use it (see below).

Did the guy say that he'd rather not go through his insurance company?  You
may be in luck.

I'd get an estimate from both the local Nissan dealer and from the restoration
shop of your choosing, then see if he'd send you a check for the repair.  If he
isn't willing to pay, then contact his insurance agent and make the claim.  In
either case, pocket the money until you are ready for the frame off.

JMHO.

 - Loren
'68 1600 converted to U20 w/5-sp
'70 2000 awaiting restoration