Stroker rebuild Questions

To: "Roadster Forum" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stroker rebuild Questions
From: "Daryl Smith" <daryl_smith@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:55:53 -0800
I am building an R16 stroker and require advice as to what components to use
to improve the breathing of those little R16 valves.
Any recommendations for:

1. Cam?
2. Valves?
3. Valvesprings/Retainers?
4. Porting? (any restrictions that are relatively easily improved)
5. Anything I've missed?

I am not looking for a monster power screamer here, more like a smooth
reasonable cruiser that'll run to 6500 rpm. I hope to get to 120-130 hp+
(trying to be reasonable) in a smooth and efficient engine.

On the eficiency end of things I am converting to fuel injection and crank
fired ignition. (Just for the hell of it and because I can!)

Any reccomendations (Aside from get a KA24 or other swap) GREATLY
Appreciated.
Thankyou,
Daryl