off topic - looking for sympathy

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: off topic - looking for sympathy
From: gregs672liter@netzero.net
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 04:56:08 GMT
Looking for some sympathy... was playing with my 2000 Toyota Celica GTS on the
way home today... pretty cool engine, 180 hp from 1800 cc, variable cam timing
that comes on like a motorcycle at 6000 and redlines at 8000.  Redlined at 8000
in third gear near 100mph, went for 4th, got 2nd... oops.  Bye bye valves,
despite my quick reaction. Stumbling idle. Checked compression when I got
home... number 3 is down at 85lbs.  Shit.  Since I need my car fast, and you
cannot even get a head gasket aftermarket yet let alone valves, it looks like
"Hello Dealer" time.  Shit again.  Ah, such is life... play the game, pay the
price.
Greg Burrows
67 2000 (pressed into daily driver until Celica is fixed)