Tire sizes?

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tire sizes?
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 19:30:15 -0400
  I know this has been covered many times before, but as the owner of a
tired stock 1600, I didn't need anything special.  But now that my tired old
1600 has a KA24E and 5 speed under the hood, I suddenly find the need for
more rubber on the road!
  So what is the biggest tire I can fit under stock fenders and what size
rim should I start looking for?

Paul Kort
Ohio
BTW, If you are curious at all about the swap, the motor and tranny fit
beautifully without cutting anything!  The battery had to go to the trunk
and I went with a custom radiator & electric fan.  There are a couple of
photos of the motor sitting in the engine bay at
http://www.cin-cityperformance.com/id14.html .  I have to wait for my son to
come home with the digital camera before I can get some photos of the
finished swap.  And if you're wondering about the ride, all I can say is
WOW!