Wheel bearing whine?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wheel bearing whine?
From: "Matt Jacquet" <matt@vander-bend.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 13:25:44 -0700
Over the last week the Roadster has developed a rather noticeable whining
noise coming from the front driver side of the car. I'm getting the sinking
feeling it may be the front wheel bearing.

The whine starts after the car has been running for a while at freeway speed
but will stop with a tap of the brakes, then come back after 5-10 miles.

If they are bad, will a good packing buy me sometime till after Shasta or am
I just asking for it?

Matt
68 Spl311
San Jose