30 Amp in-line fuse clarification

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 30 Amp in-line fuse clarification
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 13:44:15 -0700 (PDT)
OK, I've read the posts and gone to the websites, and
I'm ready to do my GM 1-wire alternator installation
on my '66.  I need clarification on the 30 amp in-line
fuse.  Do I only need to do this if I am going to use
the white wire that went to my old alternator from the
harness?  It appears I have the option of by-passing
that altogether, and just hooking the wire directly
from the alternator to my + Baterry terminal, and
jumping the #2 terminal from the alternator to the BAT
terminal of the alternator.  If I do this (which seems
much simpler) where do I put the in-line fuse?  Do I
go to the starter, or do I need a fuse in the line
between the alternator and the battery?  Am I missing
something?  I admit to not being an electrical
wizard!!Sorry if I am beating a dead horse, but this
is a neat conversion that will add years of service to
all our roadsters, (and cheap).

Mike Harper
'66 1600
'68 2000