Re: WIRED

To: Pete Peters <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: WIRED
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:32:12 -0700
I agree on why they're connected there (to have them wired to IGN ON),
however I don't believe the ballast resistor steps down from 12v to 6v.
I believe the purpose of the ballast is to step down 1.5v, with the coil
already having 1.5v resistance, for 9v total to the coil.  Someone
correct me if I'm wrong.

I doubt that the radio or fuel pump would be hooked up to the downstream
side of the ballast resistor.  Most should be 12v unless someone raided
an old VW Bug or an even older Chevy for the radio.