Re: questions on re-chroming, SoCal results

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: questions on re-chroming, SoCal results
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 05:57:44 -0700
<<Bumpers without the overriders were 125 each, and they straightened them out
and fixed rust holes.   Chrome shops have really high environmental costs these
days, do not expect to find cheap chrome.>>

Pretty similar results in this neck of the woods, although the enviro-costs
here in LA are most certainly higher, (Kah-lee-foh-knee-ah, new governor, new
spelling) as my bumpers were 175 to straighten and chrome, and 10 bucks a hole
to fill the overrider holes.  They did warn me that the filling would be
'passable' and not 'show quality' in advance, but it certainly turned out much
better quality (less fill/grind marks) than their warning.  I did find that it
is best to find a shop in the "low-rent" area as well.  Fergus O, 69 2000, HB,
CA