RE: dyno time!

To: "Dan Neff" <neffster189@adelphia.net>,
Subject: RE: dyno time!
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:54:41 -0700
Dan,

I am curious about the lubricant used in the transmissions and differentials
in the different cars.  Did anyone notice which, if any, cars might have
been using Redline or AMSoil gear lube rather than standard petroleum
lubricants?  One of the claims for synthetics is reduced friction, which I
would expect to show up as more HP at the rear wheels.

I once put AMSoil in a 69 Chevy PU with a 396 and automatic.  After changing
to the synthetic lubricant I did see a 10% gain in mileage, which was very
much appreciated.

Tom
69 2000
Portland