Re: Volvo Brake conversion - worth it?

To: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Volvo Brake conversion - worth it?
From: Chris Coker <chriscoker@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 15:55:00 -0400
Depending on what class you race in, sometimes you are required to
retain the stock front brakes.  My full blown race car still has the
stock front brakes, the rules require it.  Now everything else (rear
disks, pedals, master cylinders, brake lines, etc.) is all custom.

The front rotor diameter, the main determining factor for a brake
system's effectiveness, is really quite large for a small, light car
like the roadster.  Properly maintained stock brakes are very
effective.  I think many people are not used to the higher pedal
efforts required on a non-power assist braking system.

It is nice, though, to have the Volvo conversion available to those who
want to go that route.

Happy Roadstering,
---
Chris Coker