restoration question

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: restoration question
From: "Jim Sylvester" <jim.sylvester@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 06:56:51 -0600
I'm rounding the corner on the prep of my interior for restoration - all the
tar insulation is gone and the floorpan has been cleaned (revealing no
rust!) and prepped for 2 POR15 coats this morning.

I'm now looking for some sort of insulation for the floorpan and
transmission tunnel before I lay the carpet kit I got from Dean (that came
with a pad already fixed to it!).

Any thoughts on what type of material and adhesive to use?  I seem to recall
a conversation about a thin reflective material from 3M that reduces the
heat and does a decent job deadening sound.  I don't want anything too thick
since Dean's carpet already has a pad on it, so I would sure appreciate the
list's thoughts.

Merry Christmas everyone!