Re: Bonding Motor Mounts with 3M 5200

To: "Ron Hamilton" <fj201@cox.net>, "Marc&Heidi" <mtyler@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: Bonding Motor Mounts with 3M 5200
From: "mike" <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 17:11:14 -0600
There is a product made by 3M for the marine industry called 5200
adhesive/.sealer. It is especially designed to bond boat decks to the hull.
It is impervious to nearly ALL chemicals (in fact you have to use a special
3M product to remove it).Check this link. You know I wouldn't be surprise if
could actually mold your own motor mounts with this stuff. I can tell you
that I've personall used it on 6 boats in the last 15 years and it TAKES
ALOT of: gumption, strength, determination, etc.,etc.  You can order in
online from either West Marine or Boaters World if there's not a store near
you. Check out this link and also read the tecnical data link.

http://products3.3m.com/catalog/us/en001/auto_marine_aero/marine/node_C58DQMWB1Dgs/root_GST1T4S9TCgv/vroot_GS4JK4Y166ge/bgel_Z0PWW0H799bl/gvel_QH8HT14PGTgl/theme_us_marine_3_0/command_AbcPageHandler/output_html

Good Luck,
Mike Hudson  '67-1600