2L SU carb service screw to thermo valve interferance problem

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 2L SU carb service screw to thermo valve interferance problem
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 21:37:30 EST
Hello all,

    The problem of the service screw hitting the "valve  return fuel
assembly" (as Nissan calls it) came up a few days ago. The problem  happens
when the
float bowl rotates on the mounting bolt. The throttle sticking  open is the
usual consequence. After looking at several carbs and doing some  head
scratching
I have come up with a fix that I like. Two things are done.  First the head
of the service screw is reduced in thickness allowing a bit more  room. Second,
the carb body is drilled and a dowel pin is inserted to limit the  rotation
of the float bowl.
    For anyone who has a set of my 2L carbs I will make  this modification at
no cost. Contact me off list for details.
    When I did the original refurbishment I returned  the carbs to the
original Nissan configuration and most of the time there was no  problem. A
couple
of folks did have problems so I am offering this fix.

keith "roadster ranch" williams