OT: Donovan Aluminum Big Block Bid Results on

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: OT: Donovan Aluminum Big Block Bid Results on
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 17:43:59 -0500
For all:
A few weeks ago I asked the list what the heck these things were, they were
coming up
for bid at govliquidation.com.   Well, I went over there and looked at them
in person,
and they were really cool, but just short blocks.  I figured if I could get
them for
around 100 bucks or so, they would be a good deal.  Thanks to several list
members who helped me figure out what the heck they were.

Well, bidding just closed, and these old worn out things went for over 3,000
each.  It turns out
they they really are worth 10K for a bare block new.  They were in DEA 40
foot Scarab
Offshore Powerboats.  700 cubic inch, and about 1500HP each.

So, for those list members who wanted me to tell them what the end result
was, here it is.
For all others, sorry for the bandwith.

Did I bid on anything else?  Yes, I bid on a 1962 two stage 25HP Quincy Air
Compressor, looked to be brand new, sitting around in a gov warehouse for
the last 40 years. (my guess, anyway)
It sold for $110 and my auto bid only went to $95.  Ah well, looked like a
great candidate to resell on E-bay.

Best Regards,
Jim
Chesapeake Virginia

Dont just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!