Re: U20 block height and piston question

To: "roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: U20 block height and piston question
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 13:12:23 -0600
So far, folks think it's detonation.   I don't know the history of this car
prior to me, but I do know I've never had a problem with spark plugs looking
like detonation, nor any running problems  I always ran 92-93 octane in this
car. .  I was comparing the pictures I took prior to the rebuild and looks
like it was #2 and #3 were the broken pistons. Oddly enough, #3 was my best
cylinder.   Well that helps out some!  At least now I KNOW what's in this
car instead of wondering!

Now to figure out what I need to get this head back on this decked block!
ARGHH!!  I told the guy...  call me if you have to cut the head, it's VERY
important for proper timing.   Wouldn't you figure that if the head cutting
was so vital that it may not be a good idea to deck the block?    I can't
seem to find any documentation on where/how to measure the block for
acceptable specs.   Will keep on looking.  time for work!  Thanks for all
the help so far!

Eric