RE: Fender removal

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: RE: Fender removal
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 00:26:44 -0800
Yup.  Unfortunately you have to remove the doors.  The biggest problem here
is the pin attaching the limit bar to the door.  You need to remove that
rivet from the door.  These pins do not have straight sides.  Instead there
are two different diameters.  They must be pushed up from the bottom after
you grind the bottom of the pin off with a moto tool.  I think I replaced
the pins with a #12 screw with a low profile head and a thin nut with a
little lock-tight on the threads to keep things from coming apart.

The rest is easy.  I have always removed and installed the doors by myself.
Just be careful to make sure the door attachment bolts will turn and not
break when you remove them.  I would suggest a putting a coating of
anti-seize on the hinge attachment bolts when you put the doors back on.
This will help to keep them from rusting to the backing plates over time.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland