Get r Done

To: <datsun-Roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Get r Done
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:55:11 -0600
I got Bucephalus started today.  This is my KA24DE swap autocross car.  I was
having a hard time with the wiring but thanks to Michael Spreadbury and Spriso
Motorsports I got it worked out.  There was no spark at first but I traced the
problem to a faulty Crane HI-6 ignition.  I hooked up the factory ignition
coil and ignition module and now it starts and runs.  It really runs smooth.
It is much smoother than the U20 which bounced around in the engine bay quite
a bit.  The swap is still not complete because I still have to install the
remote water pump and tie up some loose ends.  The wiring harness is about six
feet too long so I will cut and splice the wires shorter.  I also need to
install the shifter and clutch slave.  The fuse box needs attention and the
steering shaft needs to be routed around the 4 into 1 Altima header.  I hope
to get it on the road in the next couple of weeks and get the bugs worked out
before the first autocross on February 27th.

I am very happy that the motor starts and runs so well.  I was sweating it for
a while.

Later,

Andy Cost