Restore ball joints

To: Datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Restore ball joints
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.com" <gregs672liter@netzero.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 18:22:10 GMT
I see this is an issue again.  A while back I looked into a process called The
Ball-Air Injection System. (www.ball-air.com).  It is a system that injects
what they called molten Tuftron into the ball under pressure.  It works on rod
and pitman arms, king pins and ball joints.  The company had been in business
for 20 years and claimed that a number of copy-cats had come and gone, but
their system is patented.  What he described sounded very exciting.  I did not
get the system because I was able to locate some used ball joints in good
condition.  The vender (located in Canada) indicated he has had customers go
100,000 kilometers without trouble.  Plus they can be done over and over.  The
kit cost $690 dollars US when I emailed him this time last year.  The only
reason I did not do it was that I got the used joints.  However, a vender or
other person could get the kit and if it works offer refabed ball joints at a
fraction of what new cost.  The kit will do 25 joints.  Extra cartridges were
about $200 per 25.  You don't even have to remove the ball joint from the car!
Has anyone heard of this, and if so, was it this exact system?  Let's look into
it!
Greg Burrows