Re: Part Number Breakdown

To: <slowboy@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Part Number Breakdown
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:49:15 -0600
This may apply to an older system, but it is from a 320 truck book
revised in september 1968

It says part numbers as a rule are 10-digit

First (2 digits), Section # indicate major function of parts (i.e.) 10
is engine section, 21 is cooling section, 43 is rear axle section

Second part, (3 digits), Character # indicate minor classification in
each section (see above) as shown by table of section and character #
Character # of 000 or X00 indicates an assembly of parts

Third part, (3 digits) Part type  Refers to vehicle part was designed
for (i.e.)  130 is spl 310 ('65)  147 is spl311,  etc.  There is lots
of crossover, though.

Fourth part, (2 digits) Distinction #indicates diferences in similar
parts such as processing, material, etc.

I'd double check with one of the gurus though...

-Marc

On Mar 15, 2005, at 6:39 PM, <slowboy@cox.net> wrote:

> I am looking for the ultimate part number breakdown guide for NISSAN
> part numbers. Just like a VIN has different identifying sections so do
> the part numbers.
>
> This sight helped a little but I want a more definitive explanation.
> http://www.datsunworld.com/parts/interp.htm
>
> Charlie, is there such an explanation we common folk can get our hands
> on?
>
> Thanks!

Marc Tyler Sisterdale TX
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016