RE: voltage regulator issues

To: "'Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net'"
Subject: RE: voltage regulator issues
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:41:08 -0800
Steve,

Pat's reply covered most of your questions. I asked similar ones on the
311s.org forums a while ago, and the basic answer ins that you can mount the
coil almost anywhere. If you replace it w/ the MSD Blaster 2 coil, MSD
recommends it be mounted vertically instead of the roadster's stock
horizontal position. That said, many people said they have had it mounted
horizontally for years without problem.

Curious: What alternator did you use, where did you buy it, and how much?

Yes, as long as you use the stock gauges, you need that pesky instrument
voltage regulator. If cleaning the contacts don't work, the part is still
available from Nissan for about $20. Again, more info on this on 311s.org

                        `  ___  '
Pete                   -  (O o)  -
Lake Forest Park, WA
1966 1600 (SPL311-00799)