this may help

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: this may help
From: Gary Tew <garytew@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 21:53:24 -0700
I had all of the old undercoating removed from my front fenders when
they were media blasted and I used the dry ice technique on the
floorboards with pretty good success.  But the blaster guy didn't do the
rear wheel wells when the tub was blasted and I figured a day with a
hammer and chisel was in order.   Luckily I came across a needle scaler
attachment for an air hammer yesterday at Harbor Freight Tools.  I had
the air hammer tool already and for $12 I couldn't resist.  I did one of
the wells today in about a half hour with real good results.  You will
get messy and I recommend a face shield, ear plugs and a dust mask, but
it works good.  I'll throw up some pics later but wanted to let the
group know in case anyone was considering this on a restoration.
Cheers,
Gary Tew
Phoenix, AZ
67 1600