MidOhio Vintage GP, June 24-26?

To: "510s" <bluebirds@bluebirds.datsun510.com>,
Subject: MidOhio Vintage GP, June 24-26?
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 09:39:14 -0400
  Anybody know what the plans might be for a Datsun gathering at MidOhio's
Vintage Grand Prix this year?  I know it was one of OROC's biggest events
every June, but last year there where only 3 or 4 roadster and I don't
remember seeing any dimes on the show field (My apologies if this old brain
has forgotten!).
  It would be great to see 15 roadsters like we had back in the late '90s.
And I know there must be a few dimes roadworthy around Ohio somewhere?  The
Z's seemed to have a good showing last year so I would anticipate they will
be there in force again this year.
  Schedules, ticket info, and driving directions to MidOhio can be found at
http://www.MidOhio.com .  They also have links to local hotel/motels in the
area.  Saturday the show field will be slippery with British cars, but
Sunday is the good show with all sport and vintage cars.  I have been a
sports car "nut" since the '60s and every year I see a car at MidOhio that I
have never seen before.  And any car entered on the show field (FREE!), is
eligible for a few parade laps at lunch time.  In the past the "parade" laps
have included some spirited driving, some times in excess of normal speed
limits.  I may be the only driver ever at MidOhio to be flagged down by a
State Trooper for speeding down the back straight.  Thankfully I was ably to
get back up to speed after he waved me off and before I got into the Esses!

  If anyone is heading their for the race, please give me a holler!

Thanks,
Paul Kort
1969 1600 roadster
1972 510 wagon