How do I check a head?

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: How do I check a head?
From: PETER VANDERPAS <giraffehauler@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 18:34:48 -0700 (PDT)
I purchased a bare head for a '68 2000 on eBay and I
would like to know how to go about checking it out.
The seller sold his roadster somne time ago and was
cleaning out some extra parts he had left over.  He
states that the seats are surfaced and the guides
knurled. No cracks or welding done. It has been in
storage since 1980. It was surfaced about 90
thousands.

Are there measurements I can take to make sure it has
not been cut beyond specification?  Anything else to
look for?  Also, I would have to use the cam towers
from the existing head.  Do these just bolt up, or is
there additional machining that needs to be done to
make them work?