Re: clutch alignment

To: "Datsun Roadster" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: clutch alignment
From: "dana nojima" <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 22:49:25 -0700
Fergus,

In order for the temp sender to work it needs to be grounded.  The original
gaskets had a metal staple in them so that the outside of the temp sender
would be grounded.  Picture the circuit going from the ground through the
temp sender to the gauges.  The housing that the temp sender sits in can
become isolated from the circuit.  If you have ever taken the unit off there
is often a ton of corrosive material around the studs from the block.  My
guess is that this material and gaskets are not too electrically conductive.

The hose clamp/wire is a bit of kluge, but hey, that's what I've done also.

Dana

Subject: re-awaken from hibernation, temp sender grounding wire?

 . . . . .

The PO had installed a secondary grounding wire from the temp gauge threaded
plug (sorry, bad terminology) with a hose clamp.  I haven't re-attached it
yet and can't remember how it went.  Was he grounding the brass temp sender
base, or the temp sender wire connection (this would make no sense) or the
water neck?

Can you tell I am electrically illiterate?

Dana Nojima

2527 Carmel St

Oakland, CA 94602

noji-1@pacbell.net