Houston, we have ignition.....

To: "Datsun List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Houston, we have ignition.....
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2005 17:03:20 -0700
Well, my wife is in San Jose visiting her father and siblings, and the
Pacific NW rain gods decided to take a break, so what to do...what to
do....work on the kitchen remodel? Naaaaaaaaaaah....wait! I know! Get the
roadster running.<g>

First I replaced the old plastic inline fuel filters, and then added the
hood rubber thingies. Alright! That's one item that won't rattle anymore
plus I don't need a screwdriver anymore to lift the hood.

Next I finished installing the GB dizzy, new plugs, wires and MSD coil.
Hooked up jumper cables to the Chrysler, turn the key,
and.....gasp...gasp...sputter...sputter...

Hmmmmmmm...oh, yeah, gotta choke the crap out of it. Pull the choke cable
waaaaaaaay out, and try again...

Vrooooooom! Vroooooooooom! WooHOO! First time since November. Yeah, she be
shakin' n' a rattlin', but we'll sort that out later.

Had to shut down after 15 minutes 'cause no alternator so no belt so no
water pump pumping. Now it's off to the FLAPS for the GM alternator
conversion parts.

...to be continued...

                        `  ___  '
Pete                   -  (O o)  -