RE: body advise

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: body advise
From: "Eric A. Isaacson" <eric.isaacson@jbtool.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:57:08 -0500
Mr. Jones,

Except for the rear taillight area, you are describing the body of my
car.  As a mentor once told me, "every car is worth saving".  I
proceeded with the frame-off restoration of my '68 1600 and have 30+
areas where the rust was cut out and new metal welded in.  In addition,
I had some isolated rust holes in the frame.  I was responsible for
making 25+ patches as vendors do not have all the repair panels that
some of our cars need.  I do not regret taking this approach with the
project.  Fortunately, nearly all of my rust problems were isolated,
meaning there was perfect, rust-free metal 2 inches away from a hole.
It can be done.  The mentor also said, "focus on one aspect of the
project at a time so as to avoid being overwhelmed by the magnitude of
the project".

Besides, you could always make it a race car...

Good luck,

Eric A. Isaacson
Fort Wayne, Indiana
1968 Datsun 1600 Sports