RE: Advice on speedometer/tachometer cable replacement

To: "Brian Burkhalter" <Brian.Burkhalter@sun.com>,
Subject: RE: Advice on speedometer/tachometer cable replacement
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 21:35:16 -0700
Yeah, prepare to get really oily and greasy, unless your car is restored.
Working in the transmission tunnel is nasty!

Seriously, lube the cables first. It's easier to do it with the cables out
of the car than once they are under the dash.

I'm not sure if it is easier to work the grommets into the firewall holes
from under the dash or under the hood. Your choice. Then hook the cables up
to the instruments first. That way you can turn the other end of the cables
to get them to line up with the distributor and transmission drive gears.

Gordon