Re: testing a heater core

To: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Subject: Re: testing a heater core
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:50:27 -0500
I was on hand while a shop tested my old L-320 truck heater core.  They
plugged one outlet pipe, stuck an air line (well sealed) on the other
and put air into it (I presume at a relatively low pressure)  Then the
mechanic put it under water (actually a tank of coolant) and showed me
where it bubbled.  The plug was some heater hose clamped around some
solid round stock the same I.D. as the hose.  They had a bunch of
different adaptors, but they were all pretty much home-made.

-Marc