2liter timing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 2liter timing
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.com" <gregs672liter@netzero.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 05:43:41 GMT
Hi gang... calling all Hipo 2liter owners, especially those with
solex/mikuni/weber/SK or other type carbs... what kind of ignition timing are
you running?  Intial and total advance?  Anybody experiment with this,
especially on a dyno?  Gary Boone set mine at 20 initial with 10 advance (total
30) at my request, but I was not happy with my dyno numbers yesterday (not that
that is Gary's fault!!!!!), but I don't think I dare advance more than 20
initial due to 11.7 to 1 compression.  We got the air/fuel mix better and got
rid of some dangerous lean spikes (though it has some weird patterns too...
argh!  Wish I could afford individual throttle bodies and EFI!) She's missing
something... I can FEEL it!  Anybody have much experience with the adjustable
cam sprocket?  Got a favorite cam grind?  Thanks gear heads!  See (some) of you
at Shasta!
Greg Burrows