Re: Carb Question - Solex insulators

To: roadster68@shaw.ca, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Question - Solex insulators
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 14:00:44 EDT
Should need nothing except the gasket. If you just must put something on
them use the thinnest layer you can of Permatex Ultra Blue. I use latex gloves
and smear it on so thin you can see through it. A dry gasket will seal fine,
the  only benefit to the Permatex is keeping the gasket from soaking up fuel
and
oil.  Makes it easier to reuse, nice for those really hard to find gaskets.
All that  said, for carbs, put them on dry. If they don't seal you've got a
mechanical fit  problem you need to fix, such as a warped base.

Keith"done a few carbs"Williams.

In a message dated 8/1/2005 10:45:37 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,