1966 Hi Low Beams update

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1966 Hi Low Beams update
From: <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:43:46 -0400
Okay, thanks for the answers. I went out when it got dark and looked at the hi
beam indicator light on the dash that I could not see in the daytime.

Mine came on when the switch was back which did not agree with some answers but
agreed with others. So, I checked the wiring at the headlight relay and
compared it to the schematic. What can I say, the wiring color code matched the
schematic but did not match the electrical function of the schematic. Must be a
mis-connected wire after the relay to the lights.

According to the schematic the high beam should be on when the switch is
forward but mine is not. Oh well, it still works.

Anyway this is what I found should be true according to the schematic.

Headlight relay has four terminals, D M B S

S is the switch on the column. When I pulled it back the Black and Red wire for
the switch grounded out.

B is the hot power wire from the headlight toggle switch.
M is the wire connected to the High Beam
D is the wire connected to the Low Beam

On the relay with no power applied (Black and Red wire NOT grounded), terminals
M & B are connected (shorted) together supplying power to the High Beam circuit
(Switch Forward).

With power applied to the headlight relay (Black and Red wire grounded),
terminals D & B are connected (shorted) supplying power to the Low Beam circuit
(Switch Back).

Thanks!