Rear Diff

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear Diff
From: Charles Breault <vze2fhba@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 17:40:21 -0400
Hello All,
So here's the backround.. In my 69 2000 I presently have a 4.11 limited
slip unit and I am planning on replacing it with the original 3.7 gear
ratio. I have a spare diff  and figured I would just swap it out. Then I
thought that I might swap the limited slip into the 3.7 diff using the
3.7 gears if possible. I just looked At my 3.7 dif and noticed that the
spider gears have been welded thus giving me a locked diff. The question
is, which would be better limited slip or welded gears? Either way I am
going to the 3.7 as the 4.11 just winds up too much on the highway.
Advise? Suggestions?
Charlie Breault
66 411
69 2000