Finally Painted

To: <Datsun-Roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Finally Painted
From: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:17:35 -0500
I finally got Bucephalus painted orange all over.  I've been racing him for
almost a year now and he was still in primer.  I've started to do the body
work several times but got caught up in the details and never finished.  I
took three days off of work and promised myself that I would do body work for
two days and then paint on the third.  Even if all the details weren't perfect
I was going to paint on the third day.  There were still a few spots that
needed attention but I painted anyway.

The JAPCO glass is wonderful for racing.  The fenders are around five pounds
and a considerable weight savings from the heavy steel ones.  However, they
are not show quality.  There are lots of small blemishes, bumps, spider webs,
and crows feet.  I could have sanded and filled all the bad spots but it would
have taken a long time.  I figured a 20/20 paint job was good enough for a
race car.  20 feet and 20 MPH.

It came out pretty well.  I modified the chrome hood scoop trim to fit the
glass hood.  I've got a set of Datsun letters to go on the hood and will be
installing the door handles and trunk lid chrome.  The Datsun and 2000 emblems
will go on the rear.  I have been looking for 2400 and Supercharged emblems.

I forgot to take my camera so the photos are not on my webshots album yet.
http://community.webshots.com/album/267887557HfboLz
The car is still at Metal Rehab www.metalrehab.com in the pain booth drying.
I'll pick it up on Saturday and then post some photos.

I ordered a new set of Hoosier 20x9.5X13 R35 slicks.  Nationals will be in
September in Topeka, Kansas.  This will be my first year to compete at
nationals.  With a little luck my dad will accompany me.

Catch you later,

Andy Cost