OT- other vehicles, Fiat 124's and MB 450SL

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT- other vehicles, Fiat 124's and MB 450SL
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:10:50 -0400
I enjoyed the thread about other cars folks would like to own in the same
price range as roadsters- seemed I'd had about half the cars mentioned along
the way thru the years... anyhow, thought I'd mention that there are (3)
Fiat 124 Spiders going up for auction near my brother's in upstate NY
tomorrow. this is at an equipment auction, so maybe deals to be had. the one
I saw was really nice with 56k original miles on it, was a later one. I was
told both the other ones are also really nice, one is "from the 60's" and
they belonged to a father and son who have decided to give up on paying
storage. the one I saw was last registered in '03, I was told you could hop
in and fire it up and drive it away. I could go up for the auction if anyone
was really seriously interested in a 124. they don't come much nicer than
the one I saw. need to know as early as possible, it's a 475 mile trip up
there for me. auction is tomorrow morning... also I have a '75 450SL here,
was one of the cars on the "list" I'd sell it for $1750, have pix available,
both tops, needs an engine... if you saw a 2L roadster in this shape for
this money, you'd want to buy it in a heartbeat. let me know offline if
interested. still have the '66 Charger available too...

Craig
mostly roadsters