I broke the 15second barrier!!!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: I broke the 15second barrier!!!
From: Alvin Gogineni <gogineni.alvin@gene.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 20:18:42 -0700
Last night I attended the Wed. Night Fun Drags at Sears Point/Infineon
Raceway. This is the 2nd time I've run the roadster there. I left ZCG with a
bunch of Z33 and Z32s and a few G35s. When we arrived at the track someone
had a serious accident on the strip and had to be air-lifted to a hospital.
The resulting clean-up allowed us only 1 practive run before brakets, yikes!

 From what I remembered I could not launch the car faster than at idle so
this time I thought it can't be right. So on the first practice run I tried
a 2500rpm launch and 1st gear was very disappointing! Check the video clip!
I ran a 15.87 at 87mph with a horrible 60'ft time, wheelspin gets you
nowhere! With the open diff it feels like the clutch is slipping!

Now it's bracket time already.

I dialed-in at 15.8 since I was doing 15.6 last April.I won the first round
and second round and on those runs I flirted with the "letting off" the gas
trick at the end of the strip for fear of breaking out! Almost did on the
second run: I got 15.803!!! So now I'm feeling confident and I'm not going
to brake or let-off, just floor it the entire way. I change my dial-in to
15.5 and I broke out like a madman!  But get this I ran 14.75 at
92.04mph!!!!  I knew the launch felt good and this time the 60' tells all!
Just didn't expect to break 15seconds. Note the temp drop from 83 to 60
degrees that night..I'm a happy camper. Although I got eliminated in the
second round I'm still winning the series :-)

One of our crew members made it to the finals but lost to the
ever-consistent Buick.this guys is usually with 1/1000th of his dial-in..

Some highlights:

A lady driving the new Benz E55 AMG sation-wagon ran 12.6!!

The fastest cop-car ran a 15.6, so I know I can get away from them in the
roadster!

Bruce in his TT 350 ran a 12.2 at 117mph

Sean in his NA 350z ran a 13.8

Scott in the 300zxTT ran a 12.8

A red drag-prepped 340z ran a low 9sec at 130+mph!

It was a blast.there was a few other 240z but the only other Datsun was a
lone 510 and me :-(

Pics:

http://community.webshots.com/user/alving024

Vids:

http://rabbit.circa.ufl.edu/gallery/alvin

first 8 clips with more on the way.

Did I mention that I've had over 16k trouble-free miles since July 2004?

http://community.webshots.com/photo/415375645/426555289BTrIvM

Had to commemorate it somehow :-)