Houston, we have liftoff!

To: "'Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net'"
Subject: Houston, we have liftoff!
From: "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 10:30:54 -0700
Well, for the first time since last November, SPL311-00799 got underway.
wooHOO!

Up late cleaning the fuse panel (thanks, Pat), which got most everything
working again. Unfortunately, the only way to get headlights was to run a
jumper wire. Anyone else find the wiring diagrams to be a little "off"?
Also, even though the instrument voltage regulator is disconnected, the
water temp and gas guages still peg out. Not a total surprise considering
the funky wiring mess I found under the dash. Guess what my winter project
is?! <g>

The other fun and thrilling discovery is the almost total lack of brakes.
However, I -REALLY- wanted to bring the car to the NWDE meeting tonight, so
drove super careful and kept my distance - and pumped like crazy.
eeeeeeeeeeek!

Fixing the brakes just became Job #1.

Y'all be careful out thar, ya heah?

                        `  ___  '