Laguna Seca Historics Pics/Videos!!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Laguna Seca Historics Pics/Videos!!
From: "alvin gogineni" <alvingogi@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 06:49:36 +0000
Great day at the Monterey Historics at Laguna Seca!
We had a very impressive roadster turnout!
Bill Engelhardt('70 2L) was there early am and so was Gerardo(sans 67.5 2L)
but Eric Gillis showed up in his '69 SPL(Gulf livery) and Will Campbell('69
2L) and Dan Philbin (67.5 2L) also showed up!

The ZCorral was packed. Lots of pretty Z's. 2 BRE-style 510s and of course,
John Morton, Pete Brock and Bob Bondurant all stopped by for pictures and
autographs!!
There were plenty of other marques too...some fabulous Panteras, Lotus,
Alfa, Jag, Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, etc., not enough time to view in
just 1 day.

We toured the paddocks and watched a few races. The highlight being John
Morton driving(and leading) the Can-Am car race until he had a mech failure!
Jay Leno was present too!
I really enjoyed the 1965-era race with plenty of Shelby GT-350/Cobras and
Lotus Elans...very exciting day!

Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/user/alving025

Videos:  Can-Am and 1965 race car grids/1st laps along with John Morton
pass-by
http://rabbit.circa.ufl.edu/gallery/alvin

Alvin Gogineni
San Jose, CA