Re: Brake MC removal - The Winner is...

To: "RWM" <RWM@rwmann.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Brake MC removal - The Winner is...
From: "John Friederich" <j.f@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:10:06 -0700
Bob,

> Regarding the picture of the winner, why doesn't a ratchet with a swivel
> at the end of an extension work?

I knew someone would ask that.  What I didn't tell the group is that is
exactly what I originally tried.  It is quite a bit longer than the simple
swivel box pictured.  I got it so hopelessly stuck against the lower
hangomg-down part of MC that it took a full day to get it 'unstuck'.  The
pictured wrench slipped right in, as its length  from the swivel to the end
of the socket is so much shorter.  See this pic:

http://members.cox.net/barshnik/bad-good.jpg

John F
'69 2000 (Solex)
LV, NV