Mt. Shasta experience

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Mt. Shasta experience
From: "Michael Knorr" <mhknorr@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 19:58:12 -0600
Lucy and I just returned from vacation in the Mt. Shasta area, camping on
Lake Siskiyou. Because I drove my Roadster the 900-some miles from Salt Lake
City to Solvang earlier this year, I figured the Roadster needed a break and
so skipped the Mt. Shasta meet. But now that I'm familiar with the Shasta
area (we drove the Camry), where do the Roadster people meet at the annual
convention? I took the dogs to a dog park within a nice large park with
three baseball diamonds and a barbecue area. It reminded me of the Solvang
dinner, and I wondered if the Shasta people had their party there.

Lots of old hippy types in Shasta; made me think of an inland Santa Cruz. I
thought of saying good-bye to Utah's red rock and to go open a head shop in
Shasta or Weed, selling posters, organic gear, and metal records to the
locals, plus Roadster nonsense like the Datsun surfer girl sticker that was
on e-Bay a while back to you folk when the convention comes 'round.

Any of y'all hike up Mt. Shasta during the convention? We met an Australian
half way up who hikes mountains the world over.

Hopefully, I'll make the Shasta show next year -- if -- if I can find a
trailer and a hitch for the Camry or the Prizm to tow the Roadster. No way
am I going to drive the Roadster that distance again. Lucy gave me a gift
certificate for a massage when I returned from Solvang; I hurt that bad.

Regards, Michael Knorr
1966 SPL311