how I got mine

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: how I got mine
From: Greg Chirpich <SportsterGreg@everestkc.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 20:10:34 -0700
Okay, the comment on the MGB seats prompts me to come clean.

My wife is the oldest of three.  When she turned 16 her parents gave
her a used Escort to drive.  She was and is very appreciative.  She saw
an MGB an absolutely loved it.  When her brother turned 16 (just 18
months later), he was given a brand new 1976 MGB.  Julie was and is
happy for him.  She never complained or even mentioned it to her
parents.  He has it to this day.  About 2 years ago, he thought about
giving it to a niece or nephew.  He decided that they weren't capable
of keeping it running and offered it to me (I had no car at the time,
commuted on my motorcycle and worked two jobs.)  Knowing my wife loved
the car, I said sure and made arrangements to be able to trailer it 600
miles to our house.  The night before I was to leave, he called and
sheepishly said he was having second thoughts.  I told him, "No
problem.  If you think you should keep it, keep it."

When her dad found out about the retraction, he said I was getting his
Roadster and had it towed to our house that day.  It hadn't been
started in so long at that point that nobody can remember when it was
last started.  He told me I could sell it and he meant it.  My wife
said I could sell it and she didn't mean it.  Now she honest and says
we are keeping it.  <G>  Resistance is futile!

So, now my question.  Would it be sacrilege to replace my wheels with
some minilites off an MG?

As to MB seats in a Roadster, Oliver it's your car, do what you want.
Of course, I come from the Harley world where it's almost sacrilege not
to change things.

Greg
69 2000