RE: A newbie searching for a 67 1/2 or later 2000

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: A newbie searching for a 67 1/2 or later 2000
From: "Matthew Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 19:53:28 -0700
Wow! Thank you for all the responses. Also thank you for the sympathy about
my dad, and the car! The running theme is, what are you looking for? Where
do you live? And how much are you planning on spending?

I'm looking for a roadster, period. A 2000 would be my preference, but I
wouldn't turn my nose up at a 1600 or 1500 (how could I!?! they're awesome!)
I like the idea of a 5 speed, but it's not mandatory.

Condition. Well, I'm looking for a driver in "nice" condition. The nicer the
better. The more original the better. I'm not adamant about matching
numbers. I'm trying to avoid as much rust as possible. Yes, I know they ALL
have rust, just some are LOTS worse than others, hehehehe! I'm hoping to
spend between 5 and 7 thousand for the car.

I live in Los Angeles county. City of Glendale. I'm moving to Nashville and
Chattanooga in approx 3 weeks. (yes both. Nashville is where I'm buying a
house, but Chattanooga is where my job transferring me to). This roadster
will NOT be traveling the approx 250 mile round trip daily. More like
semi-monthly.

I hope to make my purchase in about a month, either here or there. There
would be easier.

Pete. Just so ya know, I'm not TOTALLY new to this roadster thing. I didn't
see any reason to limit myself to the 68 - 70 2000 models when there ARE
67's out there! LOL! Also, Dad's name was Larry Lester Smith. He bought his
69 from a dealership in Thousand Oaks, CA.

FYI, Dad's roadster was a 69 1600. It had just under 64,000 miles on it. He
parked it in 1982 and never seemed to begin driving it again. It sat, under
a car-port in Alameda, CA (for those who don't know, Alameda is a small
island in the San Francisco bay, just off Oakland). It had surface rust, but
nothing major.

Luvin you guys!

Matthew A. Smith