Re: Black smoke out exhaust

To: Jones_Barton@msn.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Black smoke out exhaust
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:28:49 EDT
Black is caused by running too rich. Roadsters positively slobber fuel out
the exhaust when cold with the choke on. Since it clears up when it warms up it
 should not be a problem. You might double check to see that your choke
linkage  is not gummed up causing a permanent rich condition. Just remember,
carb
cleaner  and silicone spray, none of the evil WD-40.

kw

In a message dated 8/24/2005 9:20:05 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,