Re: Windshields and stuff

To: Keith0alan@aol.com
Subject: Re: Windshields and stuff
From: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:24:08 -0500
I've found Lexan (polycarbonate) difficult to heat form compared to
plexi (acrylic) .  The Lexan will form bubbles if it's heated too far.
whether this is moisture or some other material going to a gaseous
state I dunno, but it seems to help to preheat it at a relatively low
temp (125f) for a few hours.  The disadvantag to Plex is that it
shatters relatively easily.  Is this for a little air deflector or a
full windshield?  Not for street certainly.

-Marc