Windshield Inquiry in Japan : ANSWER !

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Windshield Inquiry in Japan : ANSWER !
From: "belgian_roadster" <belgian_roadster@scarlet.be>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:34:06 +0200
Hi friends,

After list war :-(, some positive information.

Here is Nissan Japan answer to my windshield request:

Dear Chris-san,

Thank you very much for your inquiry about parts for Datsun Roadster again.

According to your E-mail, Nissan Europe has already answered your inquiry.

And our reply is the same as Nissan Europe at this moment.  Currently, our

suppliers are looking for glass blower.  If we get the parts available
information

from our suppliers,  we will inform you.

We feel sorry that we can not supply these parts for the moment.

Best regards,

N. Taniguchi

Dear Taniguchi Naoko,

Please excuse me to contact you directly.

I have a very big problem.

I need a new windshield for my Datsun Roadster.

Partnumber:

Windshield:  #72613-25900

Gasket:  #72610-25900

I contacted my local parts manager at Nisan Belgium, he contacted Marco at
Nissan Europe, but it seems that these parts are not longer available.

I contacted Nissan USA via Nissan Motorsports USA, but also in the USA the
windshield is NLA.

I would like to let you know, I'm a member of the International Datsun
Roadster Association (IDRA). We have members in the US, Canada, Australia,
Europe and in Japan.

We all are very scared to hear windshields are NLA.

You can not drive a car, if it has no windshield, even if it is a
3.500.000.Yen restoration.

We, IDRA, would like to inform Nissan Japan, we need those windshields to
keep Datsun/Nissan history alive.

SR(L)311 was the best Japanese sports car outside the country and somewhere
the father of the "Z". And we all know how important the "Z" is to Nissan !

The IDRA can also buy a small number of windshields immediately, so that
Nissan Japan has not to put the windshields in STOCK.

Dear Taniguchi Naoko, I don't know if you have the authority to take such
important decisions, but I'm sure you will do your very best.

Kindest Regards,

Chris