Fixed Gas and Temp gauge

To: "datsun-roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fixed Gas and Temp gauge
From: "Jones Barton" <Jones_Barton@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 09:28:18 -0700
Roadsters,

    After going through all the trouble shooting suggestions given on fixing
my gas and temperature gauge intermittent problems, I broke down and order a
new gauge voltage regulator from NissanParts.cc. it took 5 minutes to replace
and the gauges work just great now.  One of the things I noticed was that even
when the old regulator appeared to be working it was given a much lower
temperature reading than the new one.  I would suggest that anyone having
troubles with the temp/gas gauges break down and get the new voltage
regulator.  The difference in temperature readings is dramatic and might save
you from over heating.  Thanks to everyone with the trouble shooting
suggestions.

Jones Barton
1969 1600
Steilacoom Wa