Electrical Coil - The Oil Inside

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical Coil - The Oil Inside
From: roadster68 <roadster68@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:07:43 -0700
Hello List and Happy New Years,  I hope everyone had an excellent Christmas
holiday.  I just went out to work on the roadster.  Saw some oil on the
inner fender and thought it was from an oil line.  Not brake fluid - no
smell and no paint pealing.  Looks like it is coming from the hole at the
end of the coil that holds the main lead wire to the distributor.  I touched
this stuff.  Is is a plain oil used to keep the coil cool or is it more
toxic?  May need  new one at any rate.  Larry.