RE: OT- PT Cruiser GT

To: CBrucciani@archinsurance.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: OT- PT Cruiser GT
From: "Jim InVirginia" <nqrithfordatsun@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 09:26:36 -0500
My wife has a 2002 regular PT Cruiser.  It has been very reliable, and
simple things like oil changes and brake pads are very, very easy and well
thought out.  It has huge amounts of room inside, and is very versitle with
the fold down seats. She uses it for delivery in her frame and art business.
  It only gets about 23-25 MPG around town, and not much more on the
highway.  It is heavy, and pretty darn slow.  It handles well, and corners
quick.  (she has the limited, with firmer suspension)

On the downside, to replace spark plugs, which in her version is recommended
at 30K, you have to remove the intake manifold.  This is a $200 dealer job,
although I did it myself with out too much trouble during a saturday
morning.  Other maintenance, looming in the future, like the 80K timing
belt, will be just downright horrible,and I might even pay to have someone
else do it.

I can only imagine that the turbo plumbing crammed under that narrow snout
will only make future service even harder.

Bottom line, a much more practical and larger vehicle than the mini, and the
turbo is resonably quick.  If he can abide with the maintenance cost and
trouble, it should be a reliable and useful vehicle.   Daimler Chyrsler is
not the troublesome old Chrysler that we remember, in my opinion.
They also look cool, and are perfect for long trips.  Very comfortable and
competent on the highway.

I wish my wife had the 5spd, I think it would be quicker and better MPG.

Hope this helps,
Jim
Chesapeake, Virginia
67 pushrod 2L 5spd