Re: Weber carb set up

To: "jtorres67" <jtorres67@sbcglobal.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Weber carb set up
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 02:26:44 +0000
Well,
for a 1600, you'd want 40's with pretty small (30mmish) chokes.
Or if you plan on going to bigger displacement, 45's with small chokes would
also work.

After that, so much depends on what you want the car to do.
45's will be better on the track- but 'round town mileage will suffer.

As to specific jetting, the only way to really do it is to put the carbs on
and either cut and try yourself,  (might I suggest a wideband O2 sensor kit?)
or hire someone with a dyno and knowledge.

Several suppliers will send you a box of jets, air correctors, etc
and let you use them- you send back everythign you don't use,
and pay a pretty minimal fee for the service.

Also, spend a LOT of time on the linkage!  All the kits
out there have at least one serious flaw each- and some are worse than
doing it yourself with some basic hardware.

hth,
Toby
From: "jtorres67" <jtorres67@sbcglobal.net>