Re: Engine Missing, any ideas?

To: jkfroggie@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Missing, any ideas?
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 23:40:04 EST
Joe,

    The gizmo on the back carb is a thermal valve to  stop vapor locking. It
has a bimetalic strip that opens a needle valve returning  hot fuel to the
tank. If you pinch closed the line between it and the firewall  you will take
it
out of the picture.

    Try pulling out the choke a little or giving the  mixture knobs about one
turn richer. The Nissan needles tend to run rich at idle  and lean through
the mid range. If they set the mixture at idle you could be  having a lean
condition in the mid range. If setting it richer fixes the problem  but gives
you a
slobbery rich idle you might want to try some of the British ADQ  needles. I
get them from England and can send you a pair.

keith williams

In a message dated 1/15/2006 1:36:17 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,